Pilots With a Purpose is dedicated to helping minority and female youth, aged 16 and over, fulfill their dreams of a career in aviation. If you are interested in applying to our program, complete Step 1 below to get started.
- Complete the PWAP Application for Pilot Training
This step includes writing a short essay about why you want to be a pilot and attaching your most recent academic transcript and resumé.
- Complete the PWAP Applicant Self-Declaration of Need
The information you provide will help us determine your financial need eligibility under the program. You will need to submit two letters of recommendation, copies of you and your parent(s) most recent paystubs, W-2, and filed 1040 tax form.
- Provide a minimum of two Letters of Recommendation
Letters should be from a teacher, community person, and/or school counselor.
- Interview (PWAP will contact you after reviewing submissions from Steps 1 and 2.)
- Satisfactorily pass Class I FAA Medical Examination (Scheduled after interview)
- Satisfactorily pass Discovery Flight Assessment (Scheduled after interview)